Re: Web Hosting Providers in Many Countries? For crypto archives.

Bill Stewart wrote:

> And, of course, shipping or even selling source for 40-bit RC4
> and 512-bit RSA is pretty simple, even if you don't include the note
> "WARNING: DO NOT CHANGE THE #define KEYLENGTH TO 128 OR THE
> #define MODULUSLENGTH TO 2048 AND RECOMPILE"

Software that are parametrizable would thus all be able to escape
the export regulations that way, I believe. But they would pose
strict laws on the use, i.e. actual key size employed by the user,
as is the case in France, if I don't err. That will be the real
problem, I am afraid.

M. K. Shen