DigiCash Update

--- begin forwarded text

From: "Scott Loftesness" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: DigiCash Update
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:43:13 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

It's been a while since I've posted an update regarding DigiCash.

As you know, DigiCash Incorporated filed Chapter 11 in early November.
Since that time, over the course of the last several weeks, we've been
engaged in discussions with a number of parties around the potential
acquisition of the DigiCash assets.  These discussions with potential
acquirers are continuing.

We are also exploring other options for DigiCash.  One of these options
involves establishing a more broadly based licensing structure for the
DigiCash intellectual property.  I would welcome those of you who are
specifically interested in licensing the DigiCash IP for your own purposes
to get in touch with me directly (Email is fine -- see below).  Please
specify your particular area of interest in the DigiCash IP when you contact
me.

(Please note that we are well aware of several recommendations for opening
up the DigiCash IP.  These recommendations have been posted on this list as
well as having been discussed with me privately.  We are primarily
interested at this time, however, in ensuring that we are directly aware of
those of you who have a direct licensing interest in the DigiCash IP
specifically for your own purposes.)

Best,
Scott
Interim CEO
DigiCash Incorporated
2656 E. Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650) 798-8183 work
(650) 533-3142 cell
Email: [email protected]
   or: [email protected]

--- end forwarded text

Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: [email protected]>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA