What's up with C2 and SSL?

Would someone mind explaining the background of this
dispute? I've seen posted several vague accusations that
imply that (depending on the poster) either Sameer or Ben
have acted badly and unwisely in some way, and that at least one
of them has a "bad track record" with open source software.

I don't have enough information to judge, which I expect is
also the case for many other readers here. Could someone
please lay out exactly what this bad track record is, and
what was wrong with Sameer and Ben's announcements? Otherwise
we all just have to guess what is going on here. Also, what
happened with SSLeay?

Either that, or stop making public accusations.

Jim