Re: DeCSS Court Hearing Report

Sameer Parekh <[email protected]> writes:

> 	The DVD CCA does not have a strong case, but they will not
> back down. They have too much riding on this. As Lucky has stated,
> their entire existence is built upon licensing the CSS
> technology. Since it is no longer a trade secret, they have nothing
> left to license. The DVD CCA has expected and continues to expect to

Don't forget that the DVD CCA is only a month old. When the DVD CCA
became the licensee for CSS, CSS had already been published.

So in my opinion the entire reason for the existence of the DVD CCA is
the this very lawsuit.

Andreas

--
"We should be willing to look at the source code we produce not as the
end product of a more interesting process, but as an artifact in its