Re: A problem with comparing Intel and a mall (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Sunder -----

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 18:06:17 -0500
From: Sunder <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: CDR: A problem with comparing Intel and a mall

Hardly.  I'd like to see you dress up as a bum and smell the part and walk into
a mall and start handing out flyers, or beg for money. :)

----- End of forwarded message from Sunder -----

Is a skateboarder close enough? Or maybe back in the late 70's or early 80's
when I wore my hair in spikes and died it blue and such and used to go
around handing out flyers for the various bands I roadied for? Nobody ever
hassled me.

Most malls around this neck of the woods ban skateboards on their property.
I've had many a merry Sat. afternoon walking around Highland Mall here in
Austin with my skateboard and a gaggle of security officers following along
behind. It really wigs them out considering I turn 40 this summer (the point
being I am clearly NOT a teenager). This is fun because the law does allow
them to ban riding skateboards (insurance and accident law) but not the
carrying of same (even though the signs say "Skateboards banned on these
premises").

Begging for money is not protected under freedom of speech or press so your
comparison is fundamentaly flawed in that respect. Watch them blipverts
they're hell on your attention span.

            The future is downloading. Can you hear the impact?

                                        O[rphan] D[rift>]
                                        Cyber Positive

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [email protected]