Re: Reverse engineering case law (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Sunder -----

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 19:21:14 -0500
From: Sunder <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: CDR: Reverse engineering case law

Jim Choate wrote:

> I've a question for some of you real legal eagles out there....
>
> Is there any case law regarding the reverse engineering of automotive motors?
> How about electric motors, physical devices in general?

In a word: patents.

----- End of forwarded message from Sunder -----

Not.

Patents prevent you from reverse-engineering a device and then selling it as
your own invention. It does not prevent reverse engineering.

            The future is downloading. Can you hear the impact?

                                        O[rphan] D[rift>]
                                        Cyber Positive

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [email protected]