Re: [uk.transport] Speed Camera with OCR

> The Oxfordshire police force here in the UK have introduced speed
> cameras.  The way they work is to use radar to check oncoming cars
> speeds, and if its over the limit the camera takes a picture of the
> cars number plate.  I guess a human back at police HQ has to do the
> bit about reading the plate, and then a fixed fine is sent through

There's a cure for this.  Get neon license plate lights instead.  This
will work at night at least.  Have you ever seen a car with them pass
you by?  It makes the license plate illuminated, but almost impossible
to see!  (Although, they might resort to IR cameras to take your
picture as well!)