Mitch Ratcliffe's article re AOCE

I received a nice message today from Mitch Ratcliffe (I misspelled his name
in my earlier post to C-punks) re my posting of the sidebars from his AOCE
article. I'm not forwarding his E-mail as I was raised to consider that
impolite :), but feel safe in summarizing thus:

1. There are a number of weaknesses in AOCE, but it is also a step forward
in some senses. Discussion/elaboration of these weaknesses is precluded by
space limitations of MacWeek, as well as other trade or mainstream
magazines.

2. Editing for space accounts for some lack of detail in the sidebars; they
are also intended for a general audience. Mitch suggests Apple as a source
of further technical information re AOCE, and mentions a talk given by
Gursharan Sidhu at the Apple Worldwide Developers' Conference in May, in
which Sidhu suggests the government should be able to crack a system's security
in some cases. Sidhu is the technical director of collaboration systems
development at Apple.

Mitch's e-mail address is [email protected]; I've written back asking for
clarification about other points raised in the article.

--
Greg Broiles                            [email protected]
Golden Bear Computer Consulting         +1 503 342 7982