Re: Subliminal Channels

>   Balderdash. Key is just another Freudian conspiracy theorist. I found some
> of the descriptions in his book laughable to absurd. His theories don't
> pan out if you talk to anyone in the advertising business.

And exactly why should they be honest?  It doesn't profit to be honest.

> Hidden messages are noise compared to other dominate factors like humor
> and flashy graphics.

Yes, I agree, but to the _conscious_ level it is noise!

> _Clam-Plate Orgy_ is an example of Key's imaginative
> and vulgar mind, not science. (was anyone aroused by this image? Even after
> he drew in the little outlines, I still had trouble seeing anything
> worth a hormonal response. I also hate clams.)

If you don't want to accept something before first glance, you won't.

>   The subliminal movie images story is bunk, urban legend.

No, actually it is very true and scary as hell.

>   I hope you didn't buy any of those $39.95 subliminal tapes from
> infomercials.

I'm not needing to quit anything addictive.

>   Could it be that subliminal information effects have been found to be
> practically null also?

Could be, but the tachiscope experiment left me feeling that there is a
lot left unexplained, and much of it at our expense.

> I guess Key's asburd claims fit right into the
> psychology of a leftist conspiracy theorist. I wonder if the Bilderburgers
> are involved?

They fit into any ideological conspiracy you choose to frame it in, but
what happened then is what is happening now because it makes money, and
people like money.

> And now, I am being controlled by advertisements containing assorted
> penile and vaginal shapes!

You put too much faith in man's ability to control himself, you should
read up on Milgram's experiments as well as some Skinner and Pavlov.

> -- Ray Cromwell        |    Engineering is the implementation of science;    --
> -- EE/Math Student     |       politics is the implementation of faith.      --
> -- [email protected]  |                         - Zetetic Commentaries      --

Science is the faith in believing the universe is explainable, don't
deceive yourself thinking otherwise.

-Alex Reynolds