Re: So PGP2.5 is becoming clearing...

Lile Elam posted the RSA licensing agreement.  He thought it
was bad.  I think it is great.  Maybe I do not understand it.

If I understand it correctly it gives us the right to fix PGP
2.6 if it is broken.

You cannot use it in commercial software directly, but you can
write freeware that has hooks in so the freeware can be used
by another program or by a human, and then write commercial
software that uses those hooks.

For example I could write a freeware account management
program that generates digitally signed IOUs, and a
commercial program that uses the freeware program.

Am I missing something?  This sounds like the war is over
and we won!