Re: Sternlight, Period.

Many thanks to Cypherpunks who told me how to filter mail
on Unix. I will have to learn unix sooner or later, I guess...

I am on VMS here, and I guess I could have my c/p mail gatewayed
if I wanted to, and then use the news reader. Or recently our
system manager installed Pine, so maybe I could use that. Still,
I could read t.p.crypto too, when I want to, if I want to.

I hope to get a unix machine to play with very soon, with its
own Internet address - even if it's only a 286 box with linux.
We may also get an alpha box sometime this year, and it may
run unix or open-vms. I'll have more control over these machines
than I do over our vax cluster. My own news feed and mail address -
I will then be able to (1) run a remailer and (2) run a reputation
market (3) do some digital cash experiments (4) gateway mail
wherever and whenever I want and (5) set up ftp site/www/home
page stuff, start using secure mosaic, and (6) write some code.

Meanwhile, since I do have a MicroVax at my disposal, - and I should
know the answer to this - can I run PGP on VMS? I don't want to rely
on a timesharing machine to hold my INFO_Banque keys, for example,
but to do some other stuff. Are all the cypherpunk remailers unix
scripts? Our connection to the outside world was recently upgraded
to T1 from 56K, so there is room for more traffic and I wouldn't
mind running a remailer. However, in the longer term I will get my
own commercial site on the telephone company's brand new fiber
optic cable to the mainland - it will no doubt be better than T1.

| I am an Extropian. |   Macronic Systems, Inc. offers Ideas for Sale !  |
|  BEST: DO_IT_SO !  |    Go for it :  Pledge a Digital US Dollar now.   |
|  CryptoAnarchist.  |        Send PGP key for more information.         |
|    Cypherpunk.     | Get in on the ground floor. Invest Now. Trust me! |
|  HEx, INFO_Banque  | Day Job : Bill Garland  =  [email protected]   |