Re: Response to Uni's "Lawsuit" Message

   Date: Thu, 26 May 94 23:27:10 PDT
   From: Eli Brandt <[email protected]>

   Maybe a telephony sort can answer this authoritatively, but I think
   the phone company's logs record this information even for flat-rate
   local calls.  If not, you can do almost anything with access to a
   modern switch...

The #5ESS running version 5E8 can log, as a matter of course, the last
sixteen numbers dialed on a phone line.  But as you note, it's all
software.

-russ <[email protected]>      ftp.msen.com:pub/vendor/crynwr/crynwr.wav
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)    | Quakers do it in the light
Potsdam, NY 13676 | LPF member - ask me about the harm software patents do.