Request: tamper-proofing executables

   I would appreciate any pointers to documents, source code or
programs that deal with using cryptographic techniques to detect
or prevent modification of executable code. I am looking for
something that uses either a signature or a one-way hash to detect
modifications at run time.
   Of particular interest is information on signing a file that
includes the signature as part of the file. Is this possible with
any of the common algorithms?
                                       Thanks! Dan
--
Dan Marner                             [email protected]
Network Weasel