House Rules Committee marks encryption bill as "open" (fwd)

I phoned the House Rules comm. this morning.  They informed me that
the committee voted 5-4 earlier this week to allow amendments to the
General Export Administration Act on the House Floor.

This should allow a contingent to restore the strength to the act
on the House floor, should Rep. Maria Cantwell and her cosponsors
be able to muster the required votes.

It was obviously a close vote.  If you wrote in, know that your letter
probably helped to tip the scales.

-Shabbir