House Rules Committee marks encryption bill as "open" (fwd)

Forwarded message:
From [email protected]  Wed Jul 13 13:20:19 1994
From: "Shabbir J. Safdar" <[email protected]>
Subject: House Rules Committee marks encryption bill as "open" (fwd)
To: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 13:19:55 -0400 (EDT)

I phoned the House Rules comm. this morning.  They informed me that
the committee voted 5-4 earlier this week to allow amendments to the
General Export Administration Act on the House Floor.

This should allow a contingent to restore the strength to the act
on the House floor, should Rep. Maria Cantwell and her cosponsors
be able to muster the required votes.

It was obviously a close vote.  If you wrote in, know that your letter
probably helped to tip the scales.

-Shabbir

--
Stanton McCandlish * [email protected] * Electronic Frontier Found. OnlineActivist
F O R   M O R E   I N F O,    E - M A I L    T O:     I N F O @ E F F . O R G