Re: Steve Winter Declares War in Cyberspace

At 10:02 AM 7/26/94 -0400, Arsen Ray Arachelian wrote:

uh, Ray?...

You just sent mail, cc'd to cypherpunks, so he knows where we are for
spamming purposes, to what appears to be king-hell spammer of the
universe...

The original posting seems to be from someone who was warning us about him,
and included it as a public service for reference purposes, though I'm not
sure what it has to do with the cypherpunks' charter...

Sending a reply to that vitriol back to the list probably won't do any harm
(you may get ribbed for not reading the headers in the message, maybe), but
sending it to *him* with a "cc:[email protected]" on the message might
have been a bad idea, yes?

Pissfights with Detweiller about the central purposes of this list were bad
enough, but a fundamentalist jihad we probably don't want.

Be careful with that "reply to all" function...

Cheers,
Bob

Robert Hettinga  ([email protected]) "There is no difference between someone
Shipwright Development Corporation     who eats too little and sees Heaven and
44 Farquhar Street                       someone who drinks too much and sees
Boston, MA 02331 USA                       snakes." -- Bertrand Russell
(617) 323-7923