Signature Stripping and anon servers

Article 17408 of alt.privacy:
Newsgroups: alt.privacy
From: [email protected]
Subject: Signature stripping and anon servers?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 03:18:38 GMT

I am new to this group so please forgive my ignorance.  I am looking at
putting together a local anonymous server.  However, people here have
signatures that might give them away.  They also forget that they have
signatures.  Is there a general (and I know that you can't cover all
cases) of stripping signatures?  What I was thinking about was:

Read last 100 lines of message
  if a line begins with --
  then if no MIME v1.0 header present
       then delete last 100 lines
       else if -- is part of part-boundary
            then ignore
            else delete last 100 lines

Does anyone have any gross problems with this methodology?
If so or if you have any suggestions, send mail to me
and I will post the best stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Gary