Re: Signature Stripping and anon servers

    Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 09:08:02 -0700
    From: [email protected] (Gary Kremen)

    . . .

    Read last 100 lines of message
      if a line begins with --
      then if no MIME v1.0 header present
           then delete last 100 lines
           else if -- is part of part-boundary
                then ignore
                else delete last 100 lines

    Does anyone have any gross problems with this methodology?

Yes.  I believe that your pseudocode is buggy.

First, I believe that you should match the regular expression
"^--[ \t]*$" rather than just ``line begins with --''.

Secondly, you should have ``delete everything from the matching line
to the end'' in place of ``delete last 100 lines''.  For this message,
your algorithm would delete the entire message.

--
Rick Busdiecker <[email protected]>      Please do not send electronic junk mail!
  Lehman Brothers