Re: No SKE in Daytona and other goodies

A technical question about the proposed SKE schemes: are they a proper superset
of non-escrowed pgp/ripem type systems (pk for key exchange/auth, private
session keys for privacy)? As a previous poster mentioned, users
could select null or locally controlled key escrow agents, and effectively
have a non-escrowed system. This would be possible only if the
users one wished to communicate with did co-operate, and did somehow
exchange public keys with you in a non-escrowed fashion, right?
Is this then a strong argument for the web-of-trust model?

If I am tottaly out in left field here, feel free to berate me
in private mail, and I'll post no further on this.

Andy