Re: Philadelphia Enquirer Story on Clipper

[email protected] (Lucky Green) writes:

>> She said the public was far more
>> concerned with crime than*privacy.*
>
> It gives me the chills everytime I read that quote. I just can't get used to
> it.

     Damn right you can't, because it starts a rather attrocious slippery
slope. Sure, right now it's phone calls. Next, corner "papers please"
checks. Finally, open random house checks, and thought police. Sorry, but
I didn't elect Orwell to be god, er, president. Of course, I didn't elect
Clinton either...

                                        --Jeff
--
======  ======    [email protected]+
  ==    ==        | The new, improved, environmentally safe, bigger, better,|