Re: Clipper in the news...

>        Just to give you an idea how far word of our favorite
>technological innovation has spread, from this month's (Fall Collection)
>issue of Vogue magazine:
>
>        "...As for Orwell's telescreen, it's been replaced by the
>personal computer. Networks like Prodigy have been warning users that
>they will censor 'objectionable' messages, and the government is
>threatening to install the Clipper Chip in computers, allowing it to
>eavesdrop on digital transmissions. How to cope?"  [P. 172]
>
>        ...and I thought that Karl Lagerfeld's lineup was bad enough...
>
>mjr.

I can see the advertisement for Cosmopolitan magazine...

  "I was talking to very buff beach volley ball player on my Clipper phone.
   (He's just a friend, really!) We talked about the strength of
   the Malibu sun, what to do when sand gets in your sun block and
   whether California roll sushi was really invented there. Then
   I tossed in some  Navy blue words that will make
   those NSA spooks blush coral red. I'm just a flirt... but I guess you
   could say, I'm that COSMOPOLITAN girl."