Re: Govt mandated key

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, rick hoselton wrote:

> If I have to pay for each key that I use, then
> I have a particular key in mind for my one time
> pad.  It's a single (trancendental) number that
> starts with a decimal point.  It's the binary
> equivalent of the decimal number:
>
> .012345678910111213141516171819202122......
>
> I promise to only use this one key, and I'll just
> select a random offset into it for each message.
>
> Rick F. Hoselton  (who doesn't claim to present opinions for others)

I wouldn't register my keys and I don't think ANY of us should either.
If they threatened me W/ RICO, I would probably register *A* key but
certainly not one I EVER indended to actually use.
In a case like this I think massive civil disobediance would be a good
response.
I would like to see a campaign of sending PGP to random Euros or whoever
has a foriegn tag through anon. remailers.Like this UU encode it and daisy
chain it to whoever.
How's that sound?
Eric