Re: An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers...

> I forgot to add. There is no reason User X has to run his remailer
>immediately. His software could simply commit to running a remailer for
>1 hour at some specified future date < some threshold. Any messages
>sent to him for remailing would be queued until that time. Therefore,
>all your technique would tell you is that the user remailed a message
>sometime between date X and date Y. if Y-X > few days to week or two,
>the intelligence gathered on User X is miniscule. Traffic analysis would
>detect User X using the remailer network anyway.

When I've thought about this, it's been from the p.o.v. of message
senders being able to earn prepaid service tokens (not unlike
digital cash) for offering their machine as a remailer for a set
period of time or number of message or total bandwidth or
whatever. This activity could be completely asynchronous to any
origination of messages, and, in fact, a regular habit of accumulating
tokens like this would make for excellent cover traffic.