Re: The Theory of Nymity (value of True Names)

Larry Detweiler wrote:

> part of L.D.'s demonstrations were the harm that someone with
> some ingenuity, flair, malice, and boredom could wreak on any
> cyberspatial community through the use of unrestrained
> anonymity/pseudonymity. and it appears that some of you still
> don't get the point. perhaps another reminder or demonstration
> is in order

Larry has from time to time attempted to prove that net
anarchy is a bad thing, because people can engage in
nasty pointless destructive behavior.  In addition to his
battles with the cypherpunks list over anonymity, he has
also argued with pretty much the entire net community
that without a central authority it is meaningless to
attempt to distinguish between good conduct and bad
conduct, and has attempted to prove his thesis by actual
demonstration.

His accounts have been repeatedly yanked, he has found
himself under endless savage attack by a large part of
the entire internet, and has repeatedly gone completely
insane, possible because of the emotional stress
resulting from massive hostility, denigration, and
contempt from huge numbers of people.

Of late his attacks have become more cautious and less
likely to provoke massive retaliation. He appears to have
recovered his sanity temporarily.

Perhaps another reminder or demonstration is in order.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]