encrypt-key remailers

Hello, all --

I've a semi-clueless question for the gurus here.  I'm trying to
use the Encrypt-Key option on some of the mixmaster (type I)
cypherpunks remailers, and running into trouble.

Please pardon the level of gory detail here; I'm at a loss to
see what I'm missing, so I present a verbatim record of what I
have tried so far.  Consider the sample remailing directions
below.  The remailer-help documents include very similar
examples.  The single-space indenting is only to indicate where
files are included, and avoid complaints from pgp-aware mail
handlers.

 ::
 Encrypt-Key: apasswd
 Request-Remailing-To: [email protected]
 Subject: reply-block-test

 **

The above gets encrypted with flame's public key, yielding a
normal little PGP message.

The block gets

 ::
 Encrypted: PGP

Prepended onto it, and the result looks like:

 ::
 Encrypted: PGP

 -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
 Version: 2.6.2

 hIwDQyA95PVgp+UBA/4/Vm0EMi2BYBCioaLe35qx1rOxQVGEYoulmwjdDtFsXTup
 L08nyycNVIdxIAW5O+0T4kVuV3/ycAd84SmxDAls9n5Ebc6vP+gwE+dWCaY1TNok
 1Ju08hheCJ2nC0piiN/eT0eR646fMvKGI1CiitBKXPSSkPT6alYlQvLPxd+uV6YA
 AACBvZthKwNEb5DQg/5otGH3njgrJISEyvgEKDZaMFuOUPzxk4IZ4NXm0v2cgHVz
 yxMelKz4WHnOylmZ3WWTFmngukIdasIiFf5avRZ/A4Ff1FRXf7SpxvTfGpA4pYPE
 yjmFhsw/NCnRVqBAH65MiU0USQhPZkZDwLe6spBaJpxENq5C
 =/tbc
 -----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Trying the above, I find that it does *sort of* work as a reply
block.  If I append sample text and send everything to
[email protected], I get a reply back that looks like, for
instance: