Re: Exporting software doesn't mean exporting (was: Re: lp ?)

> Mark Murray writes:
> > Hmm. Not only is this law unenforceable, it is unenforced. Anyone,
> > non-US or otherwise can buy crypto books - you just can't get the code
> > on floppy. Bruce Schneier went through this procedure when he CJ'ed
> > "Applied Cryptography".
>
> To my knowledge, Bruce Schneier never CJ'ed "Applied
> Cryptography". Phil Karn did that.

Point is, it got CJ'ed, and easily too. In fact I understand that the
process was 'trivial'. Just the software on floppy was a problem.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger [email protected] for PGP key