Re: Photuris Primality verification needed

You might want to offer a number of strong moduli in the 1024-1500 bit
range.  Having multiple strong moduli in the same size (speed) range
reduces the value of going after a particular one.  We all know how
security software tends to stay deployed longer than it really should.

Adam

Phil Karn wrote:

| Thanks. That's pretty much what we are doing -- requiring a particular
| 1024-bit modulus but recommending several others as options. There's a
| 2048 bit optional modulus and may even be a 4096-bit option if I can
| find one in reasonable time. There was going to be a 512-bit optional
| modulus but the group has reacted so strongly to it that I'm willing to
| withdraw it.

					               -Hume