Re: Steganography -- Tell-tale signs?

> Hi there!
>
> I'd appreciate some help from you experts in
> steganography.
>
> 1) If I hide some PGP encrypted data in a
> gif, jpg or wav file will there be any tell tale
> signs to the naked eye of an expert? If yes,
> what are they?

If you stego too many bits in a figure, it may become apparent.

> 2) Would it better to hide the data in
> a jpg with black and white image rather
> than a color one?

24 bit color has more data, therefore its easier to hide random data.

> 3) Are there any tools at the moment
> to expose (not crack) the hidden encrypted
> data? If none. are there tools in development?

Not really.  If you make sure there are no predictable headers, and use a
good encryption algorithm, it is almost impossible to tell the presence of
a hidden file unless you compare a file untouched with the one with data
in it.