Photoshop, Steganograhy, and cypherpunks?

> > 1) If I hide some PGP encrypted data in a
> > gif, jpg or wav file will there be any tell tale
> > signs to the naked eye of an expert? If yes,
> > what are they?
>
> If you stego too many bits in a figure, it may become apparent.

The new version of Photoshop coming out this fall includes the ability to
embed "digital watermarking":

(from http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,3188,00.html:

                Digital watermarking
                adds copyright information to
                a photograph that doesn't alter the photo's
                appearance. The watermark is detectable even
                after the photo is edited or printed and rescanned.

Question: Will stegonagrphying (?) the picture with noise mar the
watermark? Will a digital signature *and* something embedded into the
graphic through steganography seriosly affect a 24-bit image?

Furthermore: What about browsers? Could cookies or binary info be embedded
into images on the fly so that a java applet could preserve information or
states between pages, of different sites?

Just thoughts..

Jason Vagner