Re: An end to "court appointed attorneys"

At 10:35 AM -0700 8/20/97, Patrick Oonk wrote:
>> First off, I don't believe _anyone_ should ever have a "court-appointed
>> attorney." We don't believe people should get state-subsidized food, or
>> shelter, or medical care, and so on....or at least most of us don't. So why
>> the big exception for hiring attorneys?
>
>Maybe for the simple reason that some people might not have the money to
>defend themselves ?

And what of those without the money to feed themselves? Etc.

I see no reason why an indigent McVeigh should be given a multimillion
dollar defense team (Jones et. al.)

You are, of course, welcome to pay for the defense of anyone, in the
Netherlands or here in the U.S. or wherever. Just don't expect me to.

--Tim May