Re: lack of evolutionary pressures

On Sat, Aug 23, 1997 at 08:47:03AM -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> [...]

Note that I didn't say "fecundity".  And note also that I said "rough
corollary".  Furthermore, it is simply false to state that "fecundity
is in no way related etc etc".  A dominant gene that causes a fecundity of
zero, for example, will not propagate.

[...]

> Also note that Mayr has a new book out (about a year old I believe) that
> covers some of the most recent changes of the punctuated-equilibria and
> neo-darminian camps.

Thanks -- I will look into it.  I know of Dr Mayr's work from other
sources, but I didn't know he had a new book out.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
[email protected]			the thief he kindly spoke...