Re: Stewart Baker on Bernstein encryption decision (fwd)

In <[email protected]>, on 08/26/97
   at 10:03 AM, Declan McCullagh <[email protected]> said:

> [...]

Well I for one hope the Commerce Dept will deny all applications for
export. It is time that the computer industry combined forced and let the
piggies in DC know that they aren't going to take this shit anymore.

I am curious just who overseas they are selling watered down crypto to
anyhow. Is this information available via Foia? Perhaps we should start a
mailing campagne to these companies of the dangers of using weak crypto
and give them pointers to overseas companies that can provide them with
strong crypto solutions.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html