Re: rant on the morality of confidentiality (fwd)

At 6:01 PM -0800 1/8/98, Jim Choate wrote:

>Don't be confused by Timy's claim to be a scientist, he is a technologist at
>heart. Many of his views and beliefs are motivated by issues of control *not*
>curiosity.
>You don't know Timmy very well do you...

Add Choate to the list of dimbulbs who think calling me "Timmy" (or Timy)
is some kind of witty insult. On this list, Detweiler and Vulis seem to
favor this usage.

Next he'll be putting out ASCII art

Jeez, and I don't even recall insulting Choate. Perhaps he got his nose out
of joint when I challenged his "all snipers use .223" piece of
misinformation.

Back in my killfile he goes. Incredible that he is even connected with one
of the Cypherpunks distribution points.

BTW, nowhere in my piece did I refer to myself as a "scientist." I spoke of
Wiles, and then of Gauss, Fermat, and Darwin.

--Tim May