Re: Eternity Services

At 3:35 PM -0800 1/11/98, David Miller wrote:

>There is one thing that comes to mind that was just a topic covered on
>this
>list and that is the use of cellular/wireless/RF/ham for connections to
>said machines.
>
>Obviously, this would make seizure more difficult (and perhaps increase
>the
>likelyhood of prior warning, if for example, cellular service was
>suddenly
>cut off).

In terms of "work factor," such connections are nearly worthless. They
might be a bit harder to trap or trace than typical connections, but they
are only "security through obscurity" compared to the effort to break a
typical cipher.

(Put another way, would you feel safe hosting a child porn site just
because some of the links were over ham radio or the like? I wouldn't. I'd
be waiting for the FCC vans to triangulate....or for the cellphone
companies to "cooperate," as they so often have.)

--Tim May