Re: propose: `cypherpunks license' (Re: Wanted: Twofish source code)

A couple of people responded to this

    It isn't surprising that people who want to write non-free software
    are disappointed that the GNU project won't help them.  What is
    amazing is that they feel this is unfair.

by expressing doubt that anyone really thinks so.
I think the person who wrote this text

    I used to be quite pro-GNU until I tried this exercise (writing
    commercial crypto software for software companies) and ended up
    re-writing huge tracts of stuff just to remove the GNU license virus.

made that feeling quite clear through his use of name-calling.  He did
not content himself with saying, "I had to rewrite huge tracts of
stuff because its authors did not give permission to use it in a
proprietary program," because that straightforward and accurate
description would have shown why his resentment was unjustified.