RE: Quick, Dear -- Beat Me

At 12:08 AM -0500 11/5/98, Blanc wrote:
>From Duncan Frissell:
>
>: Protection of "victims" won't work if the new number is
>: reported to the Big Three credit reporting bureaus.
>
>I just went to the bank I do business with this week to open a new account.
>They wanted my social security number, (which they actually already have on
>record), and during a search on her handy database, the Customer Assistance
>clerk informed me that there was another person in Florida using the same
>number.
>
>I don't presently have a credit card, so I'm not worried about losing any cash
>at this time.    The clerk gave me a form to send to ChexSystems for a
>consumer
>report and advice to notify the Social Security dept about it.   I don't
>really
>want to discuss it with them.  Think it would be to my benefit to just
>leave it
>alone?  <g> Probbly not.

	If they are using your name as well, they could be damaging your
credit rating.
--
"To sum up: The entire structure of antitrust statutes in this country is a
jumble of economic irrationality and ignorance. It is a product: (a) of a

Petro::E-Commerce Adminstrator::Playboy Ent. Inc.::[email protected]