Re: Who Cares

At 12:22 AM -0500 11/5/98, Blanc wrote:
> When the politicians speak they always make statements which imply that
>they're
>speaking to, and being heard by,  the whole nation.   I just read a notice
>that
>less than 40% of eligible voters went to the polls.   Since the
>Republicans are
>still in the majority, this means that less than one quarter of the voting
>population supports Clinton as President.   And only slightly more than one
>quarter support Republicans.   This would be meaningful to me, if I was making
>policy:  what are all those other people doing?

	The fact that it is meaningful to you means you will never (as long
as it is meaningful to you) get anywhere as a politician, as you still
actively beleive that a politican is there to do the will of the people.

	This can be demonstrated to be a false assumption.
--
"To sum up: The entire structure of antitrust statutes in this country is a
jumble of economic irrationality and ignorance. It is a product: (a) of a

Petro::E-Commerce Adminstrator::Playboy Ent. Inc.::[email protected]