RE: Goldbach's Conjecture (fwd)

At 09:39 PM 11/19/98 -0600, Jim Choate instructed:
>It's interesting that Fermat doesn't mention that the only prime that can
>use two as a factor is 4. And you can't factor 2 at all since we eliminate
>1 as a potential candidate (another issue of symmetry breaking simply so we
>don't have to write '....works for every prime but 1' on all our theorems).

I thought I was following along until I got here, and got very lost. First
question: I think the first sentence implies 4 is prime, so I must have
the emphasis wrong.

Unless you are saying that you cannot factor 4 as 2*2 because < of
something I missed >. So the only factorization of 4 is 4*1, hence
four is prime.

The other explanation is "Whoosh" the whole conversation when over
my head and I'm lost.

-MpH

--------
Mark P. Hahn                    Work: 212-278-5861
[email protected]               Home: 609-275-1834
TCB Technologies, Inc

Consultant to:
The SoGen Funds	1221 Avenue of the Americas, NY NY