Revisionist Reinterpretation

Responding to msg by Jim choate, quoting another:

>> We might also add Shay's Rebellion, Bacon's
>Rebellion, the Hudson
>> River Renters' Uprising, the Pullman Strike, the
>Homestead Strike, the
>> Ludlow Massacre, the Lawrence Textile Strikes, etc.,
>etc.  Many of
>> these were full-scale insurrections.  This country's
>"progress" is
>> really just a series of grudging concessions made by
>authoritarian
>> power structures to various nearly catastrophic
>crises.

I have a hard time comparing any of these histricaly
important but comparatively minor events to the half a
million dead of the Civil War or the 50,000+ dead of
Vietnam. Perhaps you have extended the  analogy a
little too far?...

I think he was talking about the Principle of the deal, Jim -
about what this means regarding the relationship of the
citizenry to the big G.
Put all of those insurrections together and what do they spell?

Blanc