Re: [CyberCash Media hype]

>These are my favorite paragraphs.
>
>1) Proprietary == secure
>
>2) Understanding how it works == insecure
>

>-j
>--
>"Blah Blah Blah"
>Jamie Lawrence                                  <[email protected]>

     I disagree.  Proprietary is MORE secure, but security through
obscurity is no security at all.  The only thing that does is separate
the proverbial men from the boys.  It keeps the idiots who think they
can crack a system from touching it, but the people who know what they
are doing will learn it rather quickly.

     Understanding how it works is also not necessarily insecure either.
What about PGP?  Would you rather use some proprietary methond that may
or may not have a backdoor or may not be as secure as it is touted to
be?  I prefer to use something that has been proven and tested.

Chael

--
Chael Hall, [email protected]