My responses regarding random generator.

>From: [email protected] (John Draper)

>   Then,  there is the speed of generating these random numbers,
>and how we will want to deal with the possibility of inadequate
>speed.     I suspect that serial transmission at 9500 baud might
>be easily obtained,   but going much faster withoug "drift" might
>be problematic as Tim May pointed out.

I'd like to point out that higher data rates are very very desirable.
One would like to be able to cut a pair of CD's for use as one time
pads in a reasonable amount of time -- at 9600 baud its going to take
a LONG time to do. You can always run multiple units in parallel, but
its probably good to get the cost/bitrate ratio as low as possible.

Perry