Re: The Dining Cryptographers Protocol

Can DC-nets be used in a hierarchical or "backbone" framework to
reduce communications overhead?

Bill Stewart (in personal mail) suggested that such a scheme could
satisfy my objections to DC-nets, namely that in order to get N-way
anonymity, you must exchange N bits of traffic per bit of anonymous
message transmitted.  But when we tried to come up with such a scheme,
it ended up being an unsatisfying hybrid of DC-nets and mixes.

If you know of a backbone arrangement for DC-nets with a local net of
size L<<N but an "anonymity parameter" of N, please tell us about it...

-- Marc Ringuette ([email protected])