Re: Mac PGP report and Rander progress

In message <[email protected]> you write:
> Has anyone given any thought to generating random numbers by counting
> particle emissions from a radioactive source?  This might be more
> reliably random than using purely electronic means.

I don't think that for any given length of random bit string,
you'd be practically happy carrying around a suitable source.
Thermal noise, which is what you get from a diode, is just as
good a random source as radioactive decay.

Tony
| Tony Kidson     |`morgan' is an 8MB  486/33 Cat-| Voice +44 81 466 5127    |
| Morgan Towers,  |Warmer with a 670 MB Hard Disk.| E-Mail                   |
| Morgan Road,    |It  resides at Morgan Towers in| [email protected]  |
| Bromley,        |Beautiful  Down Town  Bromley. | [email protected]  |
| England BR1 3QE |            -=<*>=-            | [email protected]|