whistleblower newsgroup?

The moderator to alt.whistleblower, instead of a person's mail
address, could be a mail alias which invokes a header field stripper.
That way it would be impossible to post to the group with your
identity in the header.  Every posting anonymous!  Sort of like a
mathematical dual of alt.forgery.

I would also suggest a periodic posting explaining exactly how secure
that is.  (Proof against casual attack, but not against local or
global network monitoring.)

It seems easy enough.  I'd do it myself if I had root anywhere.  The
perl scripts for remailing would be easily hacked.  You could even
retain the automatic PGP decryption for the more informed, the more
paranoid.

Eric