LISTBIZ: Mailer weirdness

>>From:  [email protected]
>>Subj:  Mailer weirdness
>>
>>The last two messages posted to the list by David Del Torto
>>popped up in my mailer with a long list of "Apparently To" >>fields, thus
identifying a bunch of list members.  This is >>something of a breach of
privacy for anyone who didn't want to >>be known as a cypherpunk.

>>Beggin' your pardon if this strikes you as an amazingly lame
>>thing to bring up; I'm relatively new to mailing lists and
>>Internet, and my eyes film over after relatively short exposure >>to the
RFCs, so I ain't read all the relevant ones yet.

>>   -- Stev

    ! ******* !

No, Steve, you're NOT crazy and YES this was a completely unintentional
thing. I did nothing out of the ordinary - I only addressed my mail to the
list (as usual).

Furthermore, my subject field was replaced with "Unknown subject" - which was
expressly NOT the subject of my original posting.

Who's tinkering? ...Please STOP. I don't want my mail or anyone else's to
trigger any more of these listings. I'm wondering out loud if this anomaly
could indicate some subrosa official investigation of our list - perhaps
someone Not Silly at All has been in to take a look and needs these lists of
members?  Hmmmm.

   dave del torto     aka d2t