Re: Modem encryption proposal

Nickey MacDonald says:
> I may have missed something, but I don't see where synchronization is a
> concern.  The whole of idea of Kermit is to provide a "binary" path
> between two computers.  It is Kermit's responsibility to ensure the data
> is received in the same order as sent (sychronization is part of the
> Kermit protocol, no?).

I don't belive people were talking about Kermit the Protocol. They
were talking about Kermit the PD terminal emulation software, which
contains Kermit the Protocol. Obviously the protocol can handle error
correction -- but that does nothing for you if you want to log in to a
machine and do arbitrary things.

Perry