Re: FAQ: Overview of crypto

> You can get a proper faq by ftp from rsa.com, in the directory pub/faq.

Last time I looked, it was something like 75 pages.  Those questions
aren't all asked *that* frequently.

> ITAR - International Traffic In Armaments Regulations - the US has a bunch
> 	Appears to apply to importing crypto also, though that hasn't been
> 	something anybody's made a big deal about.

This part is false.  The ITAR does *not* apply to importing crypto.
I have read the regs and found no evidence of import regulations on
cryptography.  If anyone tells you that they exist, ask for a copy of
the regulations, or a citation of the regulations, or a citation of a
court case that was based on the regulations.  Any of these will let
me (or you) determine what is actually happening.  [Nobody who I've
asked for this stuff has ever been able to produce it.]

> 	as archie) you can ask it wher to find anything.  Using a US site would
> 	be potentially better legally, and also cuts down on the bandwidth
> 	used between here and Finland....

Ditto -- no legal problem, just bandwidth.  Though the posting appears
to assume that the reader is in the U.S., a bad assumption.  `Using a
local site...`?

	John Gilmore