Re: 800 numbers

Of course, only Americans can dial those numbers.. which is a shame...  (A
few Canadians could have skewed the voting... :-)

On a note similar to remailers, has anyone ever given consideration to
creating an "outdial" service?  If I could dial long distance into the
States, and then be able to dial a 1-800 number that I cannot dial direct
from Canada (which is most) this would extremely useful...  Could be taken
a step further, and with automated billing a person could dial *any*
number and charge it back to their calling card (though this would not be
fully anonymous, is there a use for this??  I donno... as Caller ID
becomes more prevalent... maybe...)   I know law enforcement agents
use something like this for undercover operations, though I doubt they
figure in a long distance factor very often...  Anyway, something to think
about...

---
Nick MacDonald               | NMD on IRC
[email protected]  | PGP 2.1 Public key available via finger