Re: CALLER ID?

Interesting. As expected, when I called 1-800-235-1414 from a PBX
extension here at work, it read back the trunk number, not my actual
extension number.  The same for a developmental CDMA digital
cellphone, since we use PBX-style trunks from our switch.

But when I called it from a conventional AMPS (FM) cell phone using
Pac Tel Cellular, I also got a number that was different than my
mobile's real number. And when I called it back, I got a
number-not-valid intercept.

Interesting. Apparently one real cellular switch also looks like a PBX
as far as ANI goes.  I wonder how widespread this is. Anybody with a
cell phone on a service other than Pac Bell who is willing to give it
a try?

Phil