Re: HELP: pgp, .forward, mh

To quote: Karl Barrus <[email protected]>
Regarding: HELP: pgp, .forward, mh

> Situation: I'd like mail that arrives at my other account to be
> encrypted and then forwarded to this account.  I have spent a few
> hours trying various things and nothing seems to work.
>
> I've tried this as my .forward file:
>
> "| /myhome/pgp -fea barrus | mail [email protected]"
>
> but all that arrives at elee9sf is a blank message.
>
> I've tried
>
> "| /myhome/remail.script"

The problem is that when sendmail executes your filter, your
environment is all messed up.  HOME and USER aren't even initialized.
PATH is probably /bin:/usr/bin.

> So, if that's impossible, how do I get my elee9sf account to do it?  I
> use mh on menudo, and have tried
>
> to [email protected] | A "/path/pgp -fea barrus | /path/rvcstore +tonext"

This works when you send mail to yourself because your environment
gets passed along to your mail filter.

Here's a good wrapper script to use ....

#!/bin/sh

HOME=YOUR-DIRECTORY
PGPPATH=YOUR-PGP-DIRECTORY
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/etc

export HOME PATH PGPPATH

cd $HOME

exec >> $HOME/Inbox/FILTERLOG 2>&1	# this logs error messages so
					# that you can learn from them

FF=/tmp/FILTER.$$
touch $FF
chmod 600 $FF

(tee $FF; echo '') >> Inbox/everything	# this saves your mail in case
					# it gets dropped on the floor

PGP COMMAND GOES HERE

rm $FF

exit 0

/* Jonathan Stigelman, [email protected], PGP public key by finger  */
/* fingerprint = 32 DF B9 19 AE 28 D1 7A  A3 9D 0B 1A 33 13 4D 7F */